Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A female given name, a pet form of Charity, also interpreted as a flower name.
- 1844 Charles Dickens, Martin Chuzzlewit, Chapter 26:
- 'As you knows Mrs Chuzzlewit, you knows, p’raps, what her chris’en name is?' Mrs Gamp observed.
- 'Charity,' said Bailey.
- 'That it ain’t!' cried Mrs Gamp.
- 'Cherry, then,' said Bailey. 'Cherry's short for it. It’s all the same.'
Cherry (plural Cherries)
- (soccer) someone connected with AFC Bournemouth, as a fan, player, coach etc.