Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: commonwealth
Commonwealth or the Commonwealth
- The Commonwealth of Nations, a loose confederation of nations based around the former British Empire.
- (Australia) Australia, the Commonwealth of Australia, often referring to its federal government.
- Mr. Martin was found guilty of defrauding the Commonwealth by making false welfare claims.
- (in Kentucky) Kentucky, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, often referring to its government.
- (in Massachusetts) Massachusetts, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, often referring to its government.
- (in Pennsylvania) Pennsylvania, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, often referring to its government.
- (in Virginia) Virginia, the Commonwealth of Virginia, often referring to its government.
Commonwealth of Nations — see Commonwealth of Nations
Commonwealth of Australia — see Commonwealth of Australia