Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: cygnus
- Some of the swans, notably the North American trumpeter swan and tundra swan were earlier classified to the genus Olor, but they are now regarded as belonging to Cygnus.
- (genus): Aves - class; Ornithothoraces, Ornithurae - clades; Carinatae - subclass; Neornithes - infraclass; Neognathae - parvclass; Anseriformes - order; Anatidae - family; Anserinae - subfamily
- Cygnus on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Cygnus on Wikispecies. Wikispecies
- Category:Cygnus on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia Commons: Category:Cygnus
- (astronomy): A summer constellation of the northern sky, said to resemble a swan. It includes the triple star system HD 188753 and the stars Deneb and Albireo.
- (Greek mythology): A king of the Ligurians and relative of Phaeton who was transformed into a swan and placed in the sky as a constellation.