Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ˈaɪə(ɹ)lənd/
- (Ireland) IPA: /ˈaɾlənd/, /ˈaɪrlənd/
- (UK) IPA: /ˈaɪələnd/
- (US) IPA: /ˈaɪɚlənd/
- (GenAm) IPA: /ˈaɪɚlɪ̈nd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -aɪə(ɹ)lənd
Proper noun 
- A large island in northwest Europe.
- A republic occupying the majority-area of the island of Ireland, with Northern Ireland occupying the rest of the island. Also known as the Republic of Ireland since 1949.
- A family surname.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
large island in Europe
Republic of Ireland — see Republic of Ireland
See also 
- Appendix:Place names in Ireland
- (countries of Europe) country of Europe; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City (Categories: en:Countries, en:Countries of Europe)