Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA(key): /ˈaɪə(ɹ)lənd/
- (Ireland) IPA(key): [ˈaːɹlənd], [ˈaɪɹlənd]
- (UK) IPA(key): [ˈaɪə(ɹ)lənd]
- (General American) IPA(key): [ˈaɪɚɫɪ̈nd]
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -aɪə(ɹ)lənd
- A large island in northwest Europe.
- A republic occupying the majority-area of the island of Ireland, with Northern Ireland occupying the rest of the island. Also known as the Republic of Ireland since 1949.
- A family surname.
large island in Europe
the republic of Ireland — See also translations at : Republic of Ireland
- Appendix:Place names in Ireland
- (countries of Europe) country of Europe; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City (Categories: en:Countries, en:Countries of Europe)