Wiktionary:Votes/pl-2012-03/Removing outdated ELE category text
Removing outdated ELE category text
- Voting on:
- Removing this from WT:ELE#Category links:
The list of entries on a category page will be alphabetized in the strict Unicode order of the titles unless you dictate otherwise. One effect of this is that all English entries beginning with a capital letter will be listed before any that begins with a lower case letter. You can change how an item is sorted with a piped link. By placing [[Category:Drugs|*]] in the entry drug will force that term to be at the top of the list since Unicode lists the asterisk before any letter. Words that define a category name should be “piped” in this way. Similarly, putting [[Category:Drugs|aspirin]] in the entry Aspirin will force it to be alphabetized among words that begin with a lowercase letter.
In most cases the category name should begin with a capital letter. This takes advantage of Unicode sorting to create separate lists for each foreign language that is represented within the broader set of categories. Foreign-language categories can begin with the language code in lower case.
- The instructions about "[[Category:Drugs|*]]" directly contradict the result of Wiktionary:Votes/2011-04/Representative entries.
- The alphabetization in categories is case-insensitive nowadays.
- Vote starts: 00:01, 26 March 2012 (UTC) (in 4 days)
- Vote ends: 23.59, 2 April 2012 (UTC) (duration: 7 days)
- Vote created: --Daniel 11:40, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Daniel 06:53, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support Liliana • 06:57, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 23:18, 27 March 2012 (UTC) That explains a lot...
- Support Dan Polansky (talk) 21:09, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support. Note for the record that I do not like how this vote was announced in the BP. We have (IINM) a requirement that votes be announced there, and the announcement for this one was tacked on to the end of a section that had not seen an edit in more than a week at that time. It should IMO have been a new section. I will not stand on ceremony and extend this vote therefore, but certainly will not blame anyone who wishes to. I would do so myself if this vote were of more consequence or more controversial.—msh210℠ (talk) 21:03, 1 April 2012 (UTC)
- Support —RuakhTALK 21:16, 1 April 2012 (UTC)
- Support -Atelaes λάλει ἐμοί 21:59, 1 April 2012 (UTC) Though, I think this, like a number of other such votes, shouldn't be necessary. -Atelaes λάλει ἐμοί 21:59, 1 April 2012 (UTC)
- Support -flyax (talk) 22:23, 1 April 2012 (UTC)
- Support - -sche (discuss) 01:43, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
- Support Mglovesfun (talk) 11:07, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
10-0-0 (100%) - Passes --Daniel 23:41, 4 April 2012 (UTC)