Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- adhære (archaic)
- (intransitive) To stick fast or cleave, as a glutinous substance does; to become joined or united; as, wax to the finger; the lungs sometimes adhere to the pleura.
- (intransitive) To hold, be attached, or devoted; to remain fixed, either by personal union or conformity of faith, principle, or opinion; as, men adhere to a party, a cause, a leader, a church.
- (intransitive) To be consistent or coherent; to be in accordance; to agree.
To stick fast or cleave
To hold, be attached, or devoted
To be consistent or coherent; to be in accordance; to agree
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- second-person singular present active imperative of adhēreō