Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
The origin is uncertain.
- I stick, cling, cleave, adhere.
- I keep close (to), attach myself (to), follow; pursue.
- I remain fixed, abide, keep at, continue, persist.
- I am brought to a standstill, I am suspended
- I am stuck in a situation; I am at a loss; I am embarrassed; hesitate.
- This verb has only limited passive conjugation; only third-person passive forms are attested in surviving sources.
Conjugation of haereo (second conjugation, active only)