Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- amœnity (archaic)
- IPA: /əˈmiːnəti/, /əˈmenəti/
amenity (plural amenities)
- We especially enjoyed the amenity of the climate on our last holiday.
- A thing or circumstance that is welcome and makes life a little easier or more pleasant.
- All the little amenities the hotel provided made our stay very enjoyable.
- (cartography) a unit pertaining to the infrastructure of a community, such as a public toilet, a postbox, a library etc.
- (piece of infrastructure): facility
something that makes life easier or more pleasant
unit of community infrastructure
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked