Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Old French appareiller.
- See also Wikisaurus:clothing
- (transitive) To furnish with apparatus; to equip; to fit out.
- Ships . . . appareled to fight. --Hayward.
- (transitive) To dress or clothe; to attire.
- They which are gorgeously appareled, and live delicately, are in kings' courts. --Luke vii. 25.
- (transitive) To dress with external ornaments; to cover with something ornamental; to deck; to embellish; as, trees appareled with flowers, or a garden with verdure.
to furnish with apparatus; to equip; to fit out
to dress or clothe
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.