Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I take or receive something with knowledge; approve, accept, recognize, adopt.
- I take or receive someone to myself; bring in, win over, recruit, adopt, associate with myself.
- (with reflexive or dative) I assume, claim or arrogate something to myself, lay claim to.
Conjugation of ascisco (third conjugation)
- (arrogate something to myself): arrogō
- “ascisco” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.