Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
aside (not comparable)
- To or on one side so as to be out of the way.
- Move aside, please, so that these people can come through.
to or on one side
- aside from
- Joking aside.
- Unusual circumstances aside.
2012 June 26, Genevieve Koski, “Music: Reviews: Justin Bieber: Believe”, The Onion AV Club:
- But musical ancestry aside, the influence to which Bieber is most beholden is the current trends in pop music, which means Believe is loaded up with EDM accouterments, seeking a comfortable middle ground where Bieber’s impressively refined pop-R&B croon can rub up on techno blasts and garish dubstep drops (and occasionally grind on some AutoTune, not necessarily because it needs it, but because a certain amount of robo-voice is expected these days).
aside (plural asides)
- An incidental remark made quietly so as to be heard by the person to whom it is said and not by any others in the vicinity.
an incidental remark made quietly
- dative singular of