Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
augmentation (plural augmentations)
- The act or process of augmenting.
- (heraldry) A particular mark of honour, granted by the sovereign in consideration of some noble action, or by favour; and either quartered with the family arms, or on an escutcheon or canton.
- (medicine) A surgical procedure to enlarge a body part, as breast augmentation.
- (medicine) The stage of a disease during which symptoms increase or continue.
- (music) a compositional technique where the composer lengthens the melody by multiplying the length of each note by the same number
the act or process of augmenting
in heraldry: a particular mark of honour
medicine: a surgical procedure to enlarge a body part, as breast augmentation
medicine: the stage of a disease during which symptoms increase or continue
music: a compositional technique
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- The Manual of Heraldry, Fifth Edition, by Anonymous, London, 1862, online at 
augmentation f (plural augmentations)