Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
binominal (not comparable)
- (biology, taxonomy) consisting of two names
- (biology, taxonomy) pertaining to the noun binomen
- (biology, taxonomy) pertaining to the nomenclature system for the rank of species in biological taxonomy
- The principle of binominal nomenclature is important in the ICZN.
- (biology, taxonomy): binomial
binominal (plural binominals)
- (biology, taxonomy) a scientific name, at the rank of species, with two terms: a generic name and a specific name.
- See species name for usage and example.