Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: binominal (having two names)
- Consisting of two terms, or parts.
consisting of two parts
binomial (plural binomials)
- (algebra) A polynomial with two terms.
- (algebra) A quantity expressed as the sum or difference of two terms.
- (biology, taxonomy) A scientific name at the rank of species, with two terms: a generic name and a specific name.
- Some people deprecate use of binomial and advocate use only of binominal in taxonomy. See species name for typesetting usage and example.
algebra: polynomial with two terms
algebra: quantity expressed as sum of two terms
binomial m, f (plural binomiales)