Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊst
boast (plural boasts)
- A brag, a loud positive appraisal of oneself.
- (squash (sport)) A shot where the ball is driven off a side wall and then strikes the front wall.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- to brag; to talk loudly in praise of oneself
- (squash (sport)) To play a boast shot
- (ergative) To possess something special.
- The hotel boasts one of the best views of the sea.
Derived terms 
to brag; to talk loudly in praise of oneself
Etymology 2 
- (masonry) To dress, as a stone, with a broad chisel.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Weale to this entry?)
- (sculpting) To shape roughly as a preparation for the finer work to follow; to cut to the general form required.