Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
clincher (plural clinchers)
- That which clinches; that which makes something final or firm.
- The clincher was that we couldn't wait any longer to leave, or it would get dark.
- 2011 December 10, Arindam Rej, “Norwich 4 - 2 Newcastle”, BBC Sport:
- Newcastle's Dan Gosling was sent off for a foul on Russell Martin but Ba fired in to cut the deficit, before Holt nodded in the clincher.
- (cycling) A tyre with a bead around the edge to attach to the rim of the wheel when inflated.