Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: coble
cobble (plural cobbles)
- A cobblestone.
- (geology) A particle from 64 to 256 mm in diameter, following the Wentworth scale
- alternative form of (a kind of fishing-boat)
cobblestone — see cobblestone
- (intransitive) To make shoes (what a cobbler does).
- (transitive) To assemble in an improvised way.
- I cobbled something together to get us through till morning.
- (transitive, intransitive) To use cobblestones to pave a road, walkway, etc.
to assemble in an improvised manner