Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
diameter (plural diameters)
- (geometry) Any straight line between two points on the circumference of a circle that passes through the centre/center of the circle.
- (geometry) The length of such a line.
- (geometry) The maximum distance between any two points in a metric space
- (graph theory) The maximum eccentricity over all vertices in a graph.
length of this line
Related terms 
See also 
- diameter (length of diametrical chord)
See also