Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
cockpit (plural cockpits)
- The space for those in control of a nautical, aeronautical, or astronautical vessel.
- (obsolete, nautical) The compartment set aside for the care of wounded during naval engagements; the sickbay.
- (nautical) A well, usually near the stern, where the helm is located.
- An enclosure for cockfights.
- (space for those in control of a vessel): flight deck
the space for pilot and crew in an aircraft
enclosure for cockfights
cockpit m (plural cockpits)