Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of a proportionate or similar measurable standard.
- If it is essential in our interests to maintain a quasi-permanent position of power on the Asian mainland as against the Chinese then we must be prepared to continue to pay the present cost in Vietnam indefinitely and to meet any escalation on the other side with at least a commensurate escalation of commitment of our own. - Report to the President on Southeast Asia-Vietnam by Senator Mike Mansfield, December 18, 1962
proportionate; of a similar measurable standard
- commensurate in Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary
- commensurate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- commensurate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- commensurate at OneLook Dictionary Search