Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive) To introduce impurities or foreign matter to.
- Do not contaminate the peanut butter with the jelly.
- This water is contaminated. It isn't safe to drink.
- (transitive) To soil or corrupt by contact; to tarnish; to pollute.
- Shall we now / Contaminate our figures with base bribes?
- I would neither have simplicity imposed upon, nor virtue contaminated.
To introduce impurities or foreign matter
- contaminate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- contaminate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- contaminate at OneLook Dictionary Search
- second-person plural present tense of contaminare
- second-person plural imperative of contaminare
- feminine plural past participle of contaminare
- second-person plural present active imperative of contāminō