Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
continuation (plural continuations)
- The act or state of continuing; the state of being continued; uninterrupted extension or succession; prolongation; propagation.
- That which extends, increases, supplements, or carries on.
- the continuation of a story
- The series' continuation was commercially if not artistically successful.
- (computing) A representation of an execution state of a program at a certain point in time, which may be used at a later time to resume the execution of the program from that point.
- (basketball) A successful shot that, despite a foul, is made with a single continuous motion beginning before the foul, and that is therefore valid in certain forms of basketball.
- (act or state of continuing or being continued): termination
act or state of continuing