Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Anethum graveolens (the sole species of the genus Anethum), a herb, the seeds of which are moderately warming, pungent, and aromatic, formerly used as a soothing medicine for children; also known as dillseed.
- A cucumber pickled with dill flavoring, also called a dill pickle.
- (informal) a fool.
terms derived from dill (noun)
herb of the species Anethum graveolens
dill pickle, cucumber pickled with dill
fool — see fool
- Dill on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Anethum graveolens on Wikispecies. Wikispecies: Anethum graveolens
- Anethum graveolens on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia Commons: Anethum graveolens
- pickled cucumber
dill c (uncountable)
- the herb dill