Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To make domestic.
- (transitive) To make fit for domestic life.
- (transitive) To adapt to live with humans.
- The Russian claims to have successfully domesticated foxes.
- (intransitive) To adapt to live with humans.
- Dogs have clearly domesticated more than cats.
- (transitive) To make a legal instrument recognized and enforceable in a jurisdiction foreign to the one in which the instrument was originally issued or created.
to make domestic
to adapt to live with humans
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
domesticate (plural domesticates)