door to door
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (by metonymy) From one household or business to the next.
- He carried the petition door to door, collecting signatures.
- He sold magazine subscriptions at inflated prices door to door.
- Selling door to door is the best training - and test - for a new salesman.
- (by metonymy) From ultimate origin to ultimate destination.
- The trip takes sixteen hours door to door.
- (by further extension) From shipper to recipient.
- The express company could only handle shipments door to door on the West Coast, needing others to reach the rest of the country.
from one household or business to the next
from ultimate origin to ultimate destination
from ultimate shipper to ultimate recipient
- Alternative spelling of door-to-door.