Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To ignite.
- Let's fire up the grill and have a barbecue.
- (intransitive) Of an engine or similar, to start.
- The generator fired up shortly after the power failure began.
- (transitive, computing, informal) To launch; to run.
- Fire up Excel.
- Fire up your computer.
- (transitive) To excite; to infuse with energy.
- The band went out to fire up the crowd before the game.
- (intransitive, dated) To grow irritated or angry.
- He […] fired up, and stood vigorously on his defence.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.