Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (obsolete) Of noble birth. [16th-19th c.]
- Noble in behaviour or actions; principled, not petty; kind, magnanimous. [from 16th c.]
- Thank you for your generous words.
- Willing to give and share unsparingly; showing a readiness to give more (especially money) than is expected or needed. [from 17th c.]
- She's been extremely generous with her winnings.
- Large, more than ample, copious. [from 17th c.]
- See also Wikisaurus:generous
Related terms 
willing to give and share unsparingly
noble in character, magnanimous
of noble birth
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked