Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Large; great in size, extent, capacity, or bulk; spacious; roomy; widely extended.
- All the people in that ample house Did to that image bow their humble knees. --Spenser.
- Fully sufficient; abundant; liberal; copious; as, an ample fortune; ample justice.
- Not contracted or brief; not concise; extended; diffusive; as, an ample narrative.
- full, spacious, extensive, wide, capacious, abundant, plentiful, plenteous, copious, bountiful; rich, liberal, munificent
- See also Wikisaurus:ample
Related terms 
large; great in size
fully sufficient; abundant
not contracted or brief; not concise
- ample in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- ample in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
ample (masculine and feminine, plural amples)
- vocative masculine singular of amplus