Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
handler (plural handlers)
- (literally) One who handles something (especially manually) or someone.
- The handler of a weapon gets a symbolic sensation of deadly power.
- (in combination) A controller, trainer, someone who handles a specified thing, animal or person (especially a prizefighter).
- The spy's handler told him to approach the subject by posing as a dog handler.
- (computing) A subroutine that handles a particular situation such as an event or exception.
one who handles a specified thing
- Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary, Springfield, Massachusetts, G.&C. Merriam Co., 1967
- A (financial) trader
Inflection of handler
- plural indefinite of handel
- present of handle