Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
headgear (plural headgears)
- (uncountable) Anything worn on the head, such as a helmet.
- The harness that fits on a horse's head.
- The lifting gear at the head of a mine or deep well.
- (nautical) the rigging on the foresail
- (orthodontics) A type of orthodontic appliance attached to dental braces that aids in correcting severe bite problems.
anything worn on the head
harness that fits on a horse's head
lifting gear at the head of a mine
rigging on the foresail