Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
hymn (plural hymns)
a song of praise or worship
- (transitive) To sing (a hymn).
2009 January 21, Michael Coveney, “Tom O'Horgan”, The Guardian:
- An unknown cast, including Diane Keaton, hymned the Age of Aquarius, stripped off at the end of the first act and let the sunshine in at the end of the second.
- (transitive) To praise or extol in hymns.
- To hymn the bright of the Lord.
- Their praise is hymned by loftier harps than mine.
declension of hymn