Alternative forms 
- impropre (obsolete)
- unsuitable to needs or circumstances; inappropriate; inapt
- Not in keeping with conventional mores or good manners; indecent or immodest
- Not according to facts; inaccurate or erroneous
- Not consistent with established facts; incorrect
- Not properly named; See, for example, improper fraction
Derived terms 
- (obsolete, transitive) To appropriate; to limit.
- He would in like manner improper and inclose the sunbeams to comfort the rich and not the poor.
- (obsolete) To behave improperly
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.