Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- entent (obsolete)
- A purpose; something that is intended.
- (law) The state of someone’s mind at the time of committing an offence.
a purpose; something that is intended
state of someone’s mind at the time of committing an offence
- Firmly fixed or concentrated on something.
- a mind intent on self-improvement
- 2014, Daniel Taylor, "World Cup 2014: Uruguay sink England as Suárez makes his mark," guardian.co.uk, 20 June:
- Uruguay were quick to the ball, strong in the tackle and seemed intent on showing they were a better team than had been apparent in their defeat to Costa Rica.
- Unwavering from a course of action.
firmly fixed or concentrated