Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Thorough, to a great degree, with intensity.
- She was moved to the intensive care unit of the hospital.
- 1992, Rudolf M. Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, page vii
- Secondly, I continue to base my concepts on intensive study of a limited suite of collections, rather than superficial study of every packet that comes to hand.
- Demanding, requiring a great amount.
- This job is difficult because it is so labour-intensive.
- Highly concentrated.
- I took a 3-day intensive course in finance.
intensive (plural intensives)
- (linguistics) Form of a word with a stronger or more forceful sense than the root on which the intensive is built.
- feminine form of intensif
- inflected form of intensiv
intensive f pl
- feminine plural of intensivo