Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Latin intersectiō.
- IPA: /ˈɪntərˌsɛkʃən/
intersection (plural intersections)
- The junction of two (or more) paths, streets, highways, or other thoroughfares.
- (geometry) The point or set of points common to two geometrical objects (such as the point where two lines meet or the line where two planes intersect).
- (set theory) The set containing all the elements that are common to two or more sets.
- (sports) The element where two or more straight lines of synchronized skaters pass through each other.
- (junction of paths): crossroads
Related terms 
junction of two or more paths, etc
in set theory
two or more straight lines of synchronized skaters passing through each other
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked