Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
crossover (plural crossovers)
- A place where one thing crosses over another.
- The means by which the crossing is made.
- (genetics) the result of the exchange of genetic material during meiosis.
- A blend of multiple styles of music, intended to appeal to a wider audience.
- An automobile that is a mix of two kinds of automobiles, i.e. the Pontiac Torrent.
- (rail transport) A pair of switches and a short, diagonal length of track which together connect two parallel tracks and allow passage between them.
- A piece of fiction that borrows elements from two or more fictional universes.
A place where one thing crosses over another
The means by which the crossing is made