Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Akin to Ancient Greek λανθάνω (“to escape notice, to be unknown, to be unseen, to be unnoticed”). λανθάνω comes from the Ancient Greek verb λήθειν which in turn comes from Proto-Indo-European *leh₂- (“to hide”).
- I am concealed or in hiding, lurk, skulk.
- I am hidden and in safety.
- I keep out of sight.
- I live in concealment; live retired.
- I escape notice, remain unknown.
- I am obscure or unknown, lie hidden.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
- lateo in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879