Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Cognate with Icelandic lolla (“to act lazily”).
- Rhymes: -ɒl
- To act lazily or indolently; to recline; to lean; to throw one's self down; to lie at ease.
- Void of care, he lolls supine in state.
- 12 July 2012, Sam Adams, AV Club Ice Age: Continental Drift
- The matter of whether the world needs a fourth Ice Age movie pales beside the question of why there were three before it, but Continental Drift feels less like an extension of a theatrical franchise than an episode of a middling TV cartoon, lolling around on territory that’s already been settled.
- To hang extended from the mouth, like the tongue of an animal heated from exertion.
- The triple porter of the Stygian seat, / With lolling tongue, lay fawning at thy feet.
- To let the tongue hang from the mouth in this way.
- The ox stood lolling in the furrow.
To act lazily or indolently; to recline; to lean; to throw one's self down; to lie at ease
loll (??? please provide the genitive and partitive!)