Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Any paved floor.
- The riches of heaven's pavement, trodden gold.
- (chiefly UK) A paved footpath at the side of a road.
- (US, uncountable) Paved exterior surface, as with a road or sidewalk.
- The interior flooring, especially when of stone, of large buildings such as a cathedral.
- (footpath): sidewalk (US), footpath, footway, platform
- (surface of road): roadway (UK), road surface (UK); paving
Derived terms 
surface of road
See also 
pavement m (plural pavements)
Old French 
Latin pavimentum (“a hard surface, a pounded surface”).