Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from payment in kind)
See also: in-kind
- (usually after the noun) In the form of goods and services rather than money.
- "How much did he give?" "Hard to say. It was all in kind."
- The pay is OK, but the real attraction is all the benefits in kind.
- (paying or giving) with goods or services (as opposed to cash)
- I made some donations to the charity, not in money, but in kind, such as non-perishable food.
- (idiomatic) In a reciprocal manner; in a similar way; in the same kind.
- I kissed him, and he responded in kind and kissed me back.
Frequently in the phrase payment in kind.
with goods or services
in a reciprocal manner