Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /piˈæt.sə/
- A public square, especially in an Italian city.
- (chiefly US, dated) A veranda.
1913, Joseph C. Lincoln, chapter 1, Mr. Pratt's Patients:
- Pretty soon I struck into a sort of path […]. It twisted and turned, […] and opened out into a big clear space like a lawn. And, back of the lawn, was a big, old-fashioned house, with piazzas stretching in front of it, and all blazing with lights.
piazza f (plural piazze)
- third-person singular present indicative of
- second-person singular imperative of