Abbreviation of poverty or impoverished.
pov (comparative more pov, superlative most pov)
- (colloquial, Australia) Poor; impoverished; cheap.
1999 April 28, Gerard, “GAF clothes in Melbourne”, aus.culture.gothic, Usenet:
- Phantazeum is still in existence, on Chapel Street (the more pov end, not the yuppy end) ...
2002 June 2, Marco Spaccavento, “Focus to start at $23k!”, aus.cars, Usenet:
- Especially considering the most pov Astra is $18,990 and $20k gets you a fully loaded Pulsar...
- Alternative form of POV
2001 January 20, louie, “Proximity”, alt.philosophy.taoism, Usenet:
- We all have a different pov with most pov′s probably not being had by anybody at a given moment.
2004 June 5, Greig, “Why there was no W.M.D's in Iraq”, aus.politics, Usenet:
- Show your proof that they are lying. Otherwise you are just one more pov on a keyboard expressing your ignorant viewpoint, without the benefot[sic] of facts to support your view.
pov (plural povs)
- (geography) pole
- John Duffy, Writing from These Roots: Literacy in a Hmong-American Community (ISBN 0824830954, 2007)