Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- prævious (archaic)
Audio (US) (file)
previous (not comparable)
- Prior; occurring before something else, either in time or order.
- The dull sound […] previous to the storm, / Rolls o'er the muttering earth.
1963, Margery Allingham, “Foreword”, in The China Governess:
- He stood transfixed before the unaccustomed view of London at night time, a vast panorama which reminded him […] of some wood engravings far off and magical, in a printshop in his childhood. They dated from the previous century and were coarsely printed on tinted paper, with tinsel outlining the design.
- He is no better than the previous Prime Minister.
- (informal) Premature; occurring too soon.
- I thought that I had solved the problem, but I was a bit previous.