Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
privation (plural privations)
- (philosophy) The state of being deprived of or lacking an attribute formerly or properly possessed; the loss or absence of such an attribute.
- The state of being very poor, and lacking the basic necessities of life.
- The act of depriving someone of such basic necessities; deprivation.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition, 1989