Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive, law) To start criminal proceedings against.
- to prosecute a man for trespass, or for a riot
- To acquit themselves and prosecute their foes.
- (transitive, law) To charge, try.
- To seek to obtain by legal process.
- to prosecute a right or a claim in a court of law
- (transitive) To pursue something to the end.
- to prosecute a scheme, hope, or claim
- I am beloved of beauteous Hermia; / Why should not I, then, prosecute my right?
To pursue something to the end
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- vocative masculine singular of