Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Prostitution
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: pros‧ti‧tu‧tion
- Engaging in sexual activity with another person in exchange for compensation, such as money or other valuable goods.
- Her addiction brought her to the point that prostitution was the only means she had to survive.
- (by extension) Debasement for unworthy profit or motives.
- The television advertising job was a prostitution of the talents of one of the great writers of the century.
Related terms 
having sex for profit
prostitution f (plural prostitutions)