Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkwɔː.rəm/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈkwɔːr.əm/
- Rhymes: -ɔːɹəm
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: quo‧rum
- The minimum number of members required for a group to officially conduct business and to cast votes, often but not necessarily a majority or supermajority.
- We can discuss the issue tonight, but cannot vote until we have a quorum.
- A selected body of persons.
minimum number of members required
quorum m (invariable)