Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
reboot (plural reboots)
- (computing) An instance of rebooting.
- (narratology) The restarting of a series storyline that discards all previous continuity.
instance of rebooting
- (computing) To cause a computer to execute its boot process, effectively resetting the computer and causing the operating system to reload, especially after a system or power failure
- (narratology) To discard all previous continuity in a series and restart the series.
- (video games) To restart a (computer or video game) from the beginning.
to restart a system