Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To do enough for; to meet the needs of; to fulfill the wishes or requirements of.
- I'm not satisfied with the quality of the food here.
- Death shall […] with us two / Be forced to satisfy his ravenous maw.
- To cause (a sentence) to be true when the sentence is interpreted in one's universe.
- The complex numbers satisfy .
- (dated, literary) To convince by ascertaining; to free from doubt.
- The standing evidences of the truth of the gospel are in themselves most firm, solid, and satisfying.
- 1851, Herman Melville, Moby Dick, chapter 19
- I was resolved to satisfy myself whether this ragged Elijah was really dogging us or not, and with that intent crossed the way with Queequeg, and on that side of it retraced our steps.
- To pay to the extent of what is claimed or due.
- to satisfy a creditor
- To answer or discharge (a claim, debt, legal demand, etc.); to give compensation for.
- to satisfy a claim or an execution
to meet needs, to fulfill