Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɛkt
- Privileged, specially selected.
- Only a select few were allowed into the premiere.
- A few select spirits had separated from the crowd, and formed a fit audience round a far greater teacher.
- Of high quality; top-notch.
- This is a select cut of beef.
- To choose one or more elements of a set, especially a set of options.
- He looked over the menu, and selected the roast beef.
- The program computes all the students' grades, then selects a random sample for human verification.
to choose one or more elements from a set